Given our current limitations on in-person meetings, please know that all presentations, training, coaching and consulting are available online via video conference.
Regardless of where your organization is in its LGBTQ+ diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, one aspect may remain a major stumbling block to their success: knowledge.
As important as diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) policies are, a truly inclusive environment does not materialize from checked boxes or established Dos and Don’ts. Inclusion requires changing workplace culture and everyday behaviors. It’s knowledge that builds understanding, acceptance, fairness and cooperation. And knowledge in this decade may also necessitate thinking differently about society’s norms and expectations surrounding gender identity and gender expression.
According to a report in the Mar/Apr 2020 Harvard Business Review, even companies that are LGBTQ+ friendly tend to focus more on the LGB than on the TQ+. But trans-inclusive training is necessary for any organization that wants to attract top-quality talent, keep them engaged and reduce expensive turnover. A 2019 Pew Research Center supports why TQ+ education and training are musts:
- Half of all millennials (aged 22 to 37) believes forms that ask about gender should include options besides “man” or “woman.” This compares with almost 60% among members of Generation Z (aged 13 to 21), who are entering the workforce with an already-inclusive perspective of gender identity.
- Twenty-five percent of millennials and 35% of Gen Z say they personally know someone who uses a gender-neutral pronoun.
Julie Tarney is a champion for LGBTQ+ talent known for her engaging style, captivating and empowering education, and immediately actionable takeaways. Her decades of professional expertise combined with decades of personal experience help organizations bridge the gap between what TQ+ people experience in the workplace and how everyone from the lunchroom to the board room can comfortably bring people together to work more effectively.
Access video of Julie’s actionable content today!
Featured Keynote & Training Topics
Your Workplace and LGBTQ+: The Costs of Non-Inclusion
In this talk, Julie shares the differences between gender identity and sexual orientation in a simplified manner that sheds light on most myths. She shares her system and language that get people comfortable with the uncomfortable for more open and inclusive conversations.
Attendees will learn:
- How to move beyond misconceptions and cultivate a culture of inclusiveness that drives improved business outcomes.
- Why transgender and nonbinary inclusion are key components to talent acquisition, engagement and retention.
- How gender-neutral language shapes the modern workplace landscape.
- Four simple steps to create the inclusive work culture that millennials and Generation Z expect.
Build a Team of Advocates: Your Leadership Legacy Depends on It
In this talk Julie shares a principled system that puts an emphasis on individual action and relationship building that allows diverse people and groups to work together effectively for mission accomplished.
Attendees will learn:
- An awareness of their own unconscious bias and how it might be getting in their own way.
- What employees look to leaders for beyond business leadership.
- The two questions about them that matter most among the people working with them.
- Why trust is the ultimate leadership skill and how to harness it.
- The five basic principles of legacy leadership.
A Leader is Always ‘ON’: How to Flip the Switch Effectively
In this talk Julie shares a simple leadership framework that helps leaders work and conduct themselves with the same standards and values they would expect from their people.
Attendees will learn:
- Why leaders must take the lead beyond policy in shaping a company’s culture.
- How to evaluate if their personal brand is igniting employee passion for the business vision, mission, and goals.
- Three straightforward strategies to be a more consciously inclusive leader.
A Selection of Past Engagements
Robert W. Baird & Co.
Pure Michigan® Governor’s Conference on Tourism
Dive In: The Festival for Diversity & Inclusion in Insurance
Institute of Internal Auditors
International Flavors & Fragrances
New York County Lawyers Association
Contact Julie Tarney
Schedule your free 20-minute Discovery Session to see how she can enhance your diversity, equity and inclusion efforts and help you turn TQ+ inclusion into a clear cultural advantage for marketing, retention and continued growth.